Wednesday, 15 August 2012

‘THE’ Security Team: Biometrics-San - Dancing Machine - IBM Wikipedia - PowerPoint Ninja - The Rooster

5.30 am and the alarm goes off. I jump out of bed to start my day’s routine with my morning jog/ walk and end past midnight post personal catch up with the family (courtesy the time difference).  Between that time I have had plenty of food, work and fun – not necessarily in the same order of priority.

I would say we have clients who are very pleasant, supportive and more than anything passionate. This makes it more determining for us to show substantial results.

A view of my walk this morning - Amy June, Kenji, Laura and I step out of the hotel with a “Buenos dias’ to the person at the door and feel the cool breeze sweeping past us. I start my brisk walk and see that Laura is keeping pace. I see the roads to be wet and ask Laura if rain water harvesting is adopted in Queretaro. In no time she gets me thinking of my folks back home by asking “do you have a water tank back home”. This follows with a flurry of questions about the water distribution system, water supply mechanism, water filters, water harvesting, etc in India. At the end of this long conversation, on this topic, Laura stops by saying she will have to mention my name as a source in her report. I have a smile on my face.

I guess this is an indication of the passion towards the projects we are all engaged in. We want to make a difference and I am sure we will.

Dedication to my walking/ jogging partners


I do not want to speak about my own project though as we are working on a top secret project to make Queretaro a ‘safe city’. Want to mention though that I am working with a Fantastic and Funtastic team - great at work and at having fun. Each one has a nick name in the team,
Amy June Chan from Hong Kong - "Powerpoint Ninja".
Barbara Danzl from Austria/Switzerland/The Alps - "The Rooster"
Chandru Kavichandran - "IBM Wikipedia"
Gary Halpin (me) from Ireland - "Biometrics-San".
Kenji Matsuzawa - "Dancing Machine"

Dedication to my team - “THE” Security Team (A picture i sent to my daughter as she wanted to know about my team members)


Hasta luego!!


No comments:

Post a Comment